Re: [Gnumed-devel] (FreeDIams) Re: Interactions engine available with Ca

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] (FreeDIams) Re: Interactions engine available with Canadian drugs database
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:50:28 +0200

> > Ah, excellent, that helps a lot understanding the structure.
> > May I respectfully suggest considering changing the tables
> > to something akin to:
> >
> >     Interactions table
> >             ID
> >             ATC_ID1
> >             ATC_ID2
> >
> >     Interaction_knowledge table
> >             `ID` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, `TYPE` INTEGER NOT NULL
> >             'INTERACTION_ID' INTEGER NOT NULL FK(Interactions.ID)
> >             'LANGUAGE_CODE' varchar(5) NOT NULL
> >             `RISK` varchar(2000) NOT NULL
> >             `MANAGEMENT` varchar(2000) NOT NULL
> >             `XML` varchar(10000)
>
> Why not... This is not fixed for now. I've needed a "basic schema" to
> work with... Now I can improve it.
>
> I should keep the link primary key in the Interactions table, because
> there are many couple of ATC1 ATC2 that link to the same knowledge. In
> your schema, this will cause lots of duplications.

Why ?

> The XML knowledge encoding should be language independent...

Ah, I see, what would it contain ?

In that case it could go into another table:

interaction_knowledge_xml
   id integer primary key not null
   interaction_id integer not null fk(interaction.id)
   xml varchar(10000)

In fact, it could also go into the interaction table itself !

interactions table
   id
   atc_id1
   atc_id2