Re: [Gnumed-devel] Rethinking what to list as problems under Notes edito

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Rethinking what to list as problems under Notes editor
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:42:55 +0200

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 09:07:48PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> If we cannot easily in the Notes editor offer three toggles
>
>       Closed
>       Irrelevant
>       Inactive

Checking both

        [] closed episodes and
        [] irrelevant issues

in the current widget will show *all* issues and episodes
that exist for that patient. I am not sure I understand
quite what you want to have improved on that ?

It's probably a misunderstanding in that inactive health
issues are included anyway as long as they are flagged
clinically relevant. Which I find logical: while currently
they do not actively do anything to the patient they still
exist in that patient and were previously considered
relevant even if not active.

But maybe I am missing out on something ?

> I would suspect that they might be in the order offered
> above... would others argue differently, that something
> which had been judged irrelevant to keep in view should be
> kept in view in the Notes editor?

It is not on by default - only if the user explicitely
requests display of information previously deemed
irrelevant. Perhaps the patient just related something about
a condition flagged as not relevant.

> I still think *that* is better done in the EMR tree
> because it offers more screen space to perform such a
> review... it just lacks the ease-of-use of the toggles
> contained inside the Notes creator.

I agree the tree is better suited. For 0.9 I hope to be able
to implement a few explicitely toggleable sorting and/or
filtering strategies on the EMR tree.

This would include Rogerios proposed chronic vs acute
designation as previously discussed (and may include one
level of intermediate tree nodes where necessary quite
similar to the document tree).