[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed 0.8

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed 0.8
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:36:50 +0200

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:20:20PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I am thinking about discouraging Debian from moving 0.8 from
> unstable to testing before Debian Squeeze is frozen for
> becoming stable unless we've got a fair bit of testing and
> positive feedback. The current 0.7 seems a much more mature
> and safe bet for being a long-term release with the next
> Debian Stable.

While this is an untypical (*not* *bad* - just unusual and probably
sane) request (normally upstream wants the latest and greatest version)
I will support whatever you regard as reasonable.  For me it is fine to
pin 0.8 to unstable via a fake-RC bug.  However it might become a bit
tricky to get an imaginary 0.7.9 or so through to testing in case you
are applying some fixes.  So we might decide to wait until Debian is
really frozen before I upload 0.8.x packages.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de