[Gnumed-devel] Willing to contribute - where should I start?

From: Misha Koshelev
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Willing to contribute - where should I start?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:14:50 -0500

Dear All:

I am a medical student in the US and am quite interested in third world
medicine.

I am also a big fan of open source and, although do not have Python
programming background, have been programming in C, Pascal, x86
Assembly, Java, MATLAB, Groovy, etc. etc. since age nine.

In any case, I am in the lucky position that I have a fair bit of free
time to devote right now, and doing some Google searches for "open
source medicine" I ran into your product.

It seems really neat - although I have the impression from the
testimonials that, although perhaps widely in use in Europe, it has not
yet found major adopters in the US.

In any case, I am:
a) willing to learn Python
and
b) willing to contribute to your project, esp if you think there is
interest wrt global medicine in your project

but I ask
c) some initial help/investment
d) pointers as to where to help out

I am willing to devote quite a bit of time to this, so if you believe
this project cannot quite handle a new developer with a lot of time to
contribute, I would appreciate your honest response as well.

Thank you
Misha

p.s. If you can cc me on replies, much appreciated. Thank you.