Re: [Gnumed-devel] downstream provisions for invalid HL7, plus time zone

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] downstream provisions for invalid HL7, plus time zones
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:58:00 +0200

Am Mittwoch 11 August 2010, 17:23:04 schrieb Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:

> if however the delay to an entire batch of patients' <Messages> is
> tolerable, then the scenario you describe - moving the entire XML
> message to "unmatchable" or even deleting it - would be the thing to
> do.

Here in Germany the same applies for the LDT files. If it is corrupted
(containing multiple patients) most software products will discard it.

Labs use LIMS themselves which generate the files. If they screw up and don't
want to fix it at least the screw up will be consistent. So we have written a
few scripts which will fix some errors in the file before attempting to import
it.

So this effectively means it is not the norm that the lab will send you
screwed files one day and correct ones the other day. That way there will be
options to deal with it on a per lab basis.

Sebastian