[Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Question

From: Fraser Pirie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] Question
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:39:56 +0200

Dear GNU Med

I have downloaded and installed both the client and server parts of GNU Med (for windows).
All went along fine, with bootstrapping automatically performed, but when trying to open the program, the following message appears:

"Unable to connect to database. Could not translate host name "salaam.homeunix.com" to address. Unknown server error. Please try another backend/user/password combination.

This also happens if the other server option is selected.

Is it simply an error in the password (mdo-db)? If not, do I need to do anything else to get the program to run?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Dr Fraser Pirie
Division of Medicine
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology
Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Private Bag 7
Congella, 4013