[Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: packaging GNUmed web stuff

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: packaging GNUmed web stuff
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:32:12 +0200

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 04:55:26PM +0200, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> There is a folder ProxiedWeb which hold the web client stuff equivalent to
> the
> wxpython folder

In which tarball?

> > ???
> > I do not understand this.  Is the same script (gnumed.py) starting the
> > wx native client as well as the web client?
> >
> Yes.

Any reason for this?  I'd consider this completely different tasks and
the code shared should be not really high?  However, if this is actually
the case my suggestion would be to create a gnumed-common package and
put gnumed.py into this.  The client package as well as the webui
package nedd to depend from it.

> > URL for multitaskhttpd?
> >

> There is only a git repository right now.

Anyway: what URL?

> > I'm not sure about other distributions than Debian but my guess is that
> > /etc/apache2/conf.d is not a Debian specific thing.  Most probably you
> > can configure the package using this mechanism.
> >
> Maybe I have never done this.

Looking into other packages which are using this might be introductive
enough.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--