[Gnumed-devel] Oscar now #3 in Ontario

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Oscar now #3 in Ontario
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:38:13 +0200

http://oscarcanada.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-year-for-oscar-now-3-in-
ontario.html

Similar to the Swiss based Elexis, the German Thera-pi and a few others it
pretty much shows that if a software does what users expect it pretty much can
have monkeys pulling strings in a shoe box to make it work.

Elexis and Thera-pi are fine examples of a problems ahead of GNUmed. As soon
as people start using it because it does what user's need a commercial entity
is needed and sustainable because support requests increase exponentially.

Even in those early stages of GNumed I spend 3-5 hours per week answering
support requests. I do this because many of those requests show areas in need
of improvements or report bugs but increasingly there are requests where
GNUmed itself is percetly fine but users are not knowledgable enough to set it
up.

It's like trying to fix an engine when your skill level is that of a car
driver rather then a mechanic.

Looking at it from a different perspective. GNUmed still lacks some essential
features from a default user's perspective. One is coding systems. But even
more important is to polish what is already there.

Let's finalize the lab stuff for 0.9. It will be a big step forward.

Sebastian