Re: [Gnumed-devel] Unable to alter/save change of URL for ADR reporting

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Unable to alter/save change of URL for ADR reporting
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 00:15:06 +0100

> The medications plug in contains a button "ADR" - nice. However it is
> pre-configured to go to
>
>       https://dcgma.org/uaw/meldung.php

Which is a German ADR online report form.

> and even when I go into
>
>       Preferences > External tools > ADR URL
>
> and try to change it to
>
>       http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2809446/

Works for me (in a browser).

> the new value complains (beeps on attempted save)

Lemme check. Yes, the beep would mean that urlib2.urlopen() cannot
access that URL at the moment.

> and does not allow to be saved.

Because of the above.

> Whether I keep or drop the final "/" does not matter.
>
> OTOH it *will* accept the same URL without the last portion, as
>
>       http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/ppmc/articles/

Does NOT work for me (in a browser).

> ideas?

That's strange indeed despite I notice a difference between

  [...]gov/pmc/articles/[...]

and

  [...]gov/sites/ppmc/articles/[...]

(which is *not* the "same URL w/o the last portion") ?

Do you think we should relax the check ?

GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome