Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 00:35:38 +0100

> Can the list content be alpha-sorted?

Sure, no problem. But I'm thinking that alpha-sorting only makes sense/is
helpful if there's a pre-conceivable idea of what the items might actually
be named such that one may conceptualize a search strategy ?

I've been trying to sorta order by relatedness such that "clusters" of
related things sit together. I been thinkin of inserting dummy "--------------"
items between groups ?

> Also, opening one of the items even
> (in the cases of Substances in use) provides buttons for New and Delete but
> they do not work.

And they are greyed out and unactionable, no ?

Oh, wait :-)

<Delete> sure works but only if there's no patient currently
*actually* using this substance...

<New> works, too, but only if there's a drug data source is configured.
That could be improved somewhat. However, the new is fairly redundant as
substances get added by commencing treatment on a patient anyway. Maybe
I just remove the <New> on that.

> In some cases, buttons would be future-use or not intended to be used
> depending on the content. But that can be confusing. Maybe it involves re-use
> of too small a number of choices of widgets code. Is a wider selection
> (permitting more-appropriate re-use) the solution and plan?

It sure would be, prompting increased resources.