[Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-bugs] xDT import problems

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-bugs] xDT import problems
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:09:25 -0800

I have redirected this from gnumed-bugs

On 2010-11-16, at 6:48 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> all I am asking is whether the
>>
>>      Load external
>>
>> might reasonably likewise default to a directory in which to expect to
>> find these external files.
>
> It can't because its up to the sources where to put the files. We just
> adapt to wherever they deign to put things. It is not reasonable to expect
> them to put their output in places specific to GNUmed.

You miss my point. The users (or their admin) may have the ability to know
where their sources consistently place files equivalent to xDT. This location,
once known could easily enough be placed in the praxis' .conf files (same as
how the .conf files currently provide fully defined filenames to the xDT files
and how the .conf currently points GNUmed to

        ../data/other/

for the CA-MSVA files.

Maybe I am missing the purpose of xDT since I thought they served a simple dual
purpose

        allow to export a GNUmed patient record (a portion thereof)
                in a manner that one (or a group) of praxis managers can import

        allow to import into GNUmed a patient record (a portion thereof)
                from a file construction used by one or multiple praxis managers

Is this any different from AU PracSoft and CA-MSVA.txt?

Is not xDT a specific case of the general case, of which CA-MSVA.txt is also a
part?

Are these not the same files (when exported by the praxis manager / billing
program) as we would target with

        Person > Load external

??
-- Jim