Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-bugs] xDT import problems

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-bugs] xDT import problems
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:34:13 +0100

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 08:07:09AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> 1) I believed you said that xDT had nothing to do with "Loading external".
>
> --> Maybe the xDT *plugin* has nothing to do with "Load external"

That's right.

> --> whereas maybe the *filenames* in the .conf file ARE relevant to "Load
> external"?

They are, indeed. But they are not relevant to the
xDT-format file browser plugin.

> 2) In the .conf files, there exists uncommented
>
> filename = patient.xdt
> filename = /home/ncq/gnumed/tmp/terminiko2gnumed.xdt
> filename = C:\Turbomed\patient.xdt
> filename = ~/gnumed/xDT/PATIENTS.IN
> filename = ../data/other/CA-MSVA.txt.test
>
> so...
>
> - among the various .xdt files, while the encoding and DOB format may be
> different, the fields and field order are consistent?

Yes, indeed.

> - "Load external" otherwise parses differentially (by different source)
> because the data construction is, in at least some cases, different?

Yes.

> and, in the default case,
>
> - *all*  will be seen and parsed by "Load external"

Yes.

> or does load external remember only the last one in the list above?

No.

> 3) when in the git tree GUI, I presently select "Load external"
>
> - despite that there exists no ~/gnumed/xDT/PATIENTS.IN
>       --> GNUmed does not complain
>
> .. it complains (if I would rename the default CA-MSVA.txt.test to something
> else) that
>
>       Cannot load patient from Medical Manager MSVA file
>       [.. data/other/CA-MSVA.txt.test]
>       Please consult...

That's just a difference in coding:

With PATIENTS.IN files GNUmed searches all available drive
letters for DRIVE:\MDW2\PATIENTS.IN *automatically* which is
bound to provide a lot of False Negatives. Hence they aren't
prompted to the user but rather logged only.

With MSVA sources OTOH, all of them are manually configured
so GNUmed pops up a message informing of the
misconfiguration.