[Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams drugs interaction engine hacking

From: Eric MAEKER
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams drugs interaction engine hacking
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:26:45 +0100

Ok let's go.

Before all technical discussion, we need agreement on these general terms :

- Work is done under the terms of the GPL license (or LGPL)
- This work is part of the FreeMedForms project as a collaboration between EMRs
(something we can provide as a standard in pharmaceutical drug analyse)
- Every participant work without fundings from the FreeMedForms project
- All participating EMR teams agree to quote all participating EMR in all its
communications about drugs interaction,
- All participating EMR teams agree to quote the FreeMedForms project (with a
link to its website) as the reference of this project
- This newly created project will not be a complete rewrite of the FreeDiams
algorithms and codes in another language but a bridge/proxy between FreeDiams
(or a part of FreeDiams) and other EMR.
- The result of this work must available for every platforms: unices, *BSD,
MacOs, Win.

We can then create a complete team :

- Administrator
- Main dev team

Create a mailing list for the team.

Create a wiki page to present the project to our communities (I'm suggesting to
write on the FreeMedForms wiki and include the wiki page to every participating
EMR website).

Then wait few days to get agreement and wishes from our communities.

When all this is done, we should write some specifications before any code...

Project name could be:
- Galien (my prefered one)
- Diode
- ?