[Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams drugs interaction engine hacking

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams drugs interaction engine hacking
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:27:34 +0100

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 05:13:38PM +0100, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> - Access to this project/datas must remain free of charges

OK

> and must not be included in a commercial plan

Hmmm, this makes the thingy non-free.  If you want to base your business
on a piece of free software including the project we are talking about
you are "including it into your commercial plan".  Free software should
not restrict the use cases or discriminate people who want to earn
money.  Please make usre that your will find a wording which does not
exclude the "fair" commercial use.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--