[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed and FreeDiams

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed and FreeDiams
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:52:46 -0800

I moved this to the gnumed list…

On 2010-12-30, at 11:38 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> that are extracted
>> dynamically from FreeDiams without these values existing in
>> GNUmed's own
>>
>>      branded_drug
>>
>> table?
>
> Technically that is surely possible. But there's currently
> no code to do so.

So…

there *is* code that achieves this using the German external system (?)

but…

in order to support in-country use of branded drugs which match (for example)
FreeDiams, the options will include:

1) populate branded_drug

and / or

2) develop code to do what is already done (?) for the german external system

and if (1) how do we load GNUmed branded_drug table for use in Canada? Do we

        - pull it from drugs-en_CA.db
        - pull it from Canadian source?

My suggestion would be that work is already done to clean up Canadian source to
fit it into Freediams drugs-en_CA.db. Also, the form in which this data lives
in the FreeDiams table 'DRUGS' seems already very suitable for GNUmed therefore
a command of a form referenced here

        http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html

… either outputting it using one of the supported specifiable

        separators like "," or "|"
        formats like "csv", "column", "html", "insert", "line", "list", "tabs",
and "tcl"

… or as .dump

?