Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed and FreeDiams

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed and FreeDiams
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 16:06:43 -0800

On 2011-01-01, at 2:16 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Strengths of ingredients are available in
> ref.consumable_substance.amount and .unit.

Ah, here we have opened the door further to an area I want to understand…

I had incorrectly (?) believed that each substance would be a distinct
molecule, so how are you handling the components of a drug that for example may
be available ONLY as a combination for example

- antibiotics that contain also a beta-lactamase inhibitor or
- combination oral contraceptives, or
- an antiparkinson drug which contains (in addition to levodopa) a peripheral
DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor?