[Gnumed-devel] Bootstrapping data - permissions, latin vs unicode, other

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Bootstrapping data - permissions, latin vs unicode, other
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:27:07 -0800

I seek to figure out how to get (more) data into GNUmed…

My objective is to get canadian drug data in, so I am wondering whether this
would involve one or more shell scripts paired with one or more sql files.

Also, whether the permission needed at runtime would be either the

        system postgres account password or
        password for postgres user gm-dbo

Also, where to look for examples to learn to understand.

BTW I looked at

        .../gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/gmCountryZones.sql

and wondered

1) why is encoding "Latin 1" and does this make any problems for downstream
unicode needs?

2) why does it contain the states of *some* countries, but others (like
Canada's) are in

        gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/country.specific

-- Jim