[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: first Start

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: first Start
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:29:04 -0800

from the bugs list

Begin forwarded message:

> From: shoul <address@hidden>
> Date: January 17, 2011 4:58:11 AM PST
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: first Start
>
> Report sent via GNUmed's handler for unexpected exceptions.
>
> user comment  : first Start
>
> client version: 0.6.2\

In order to again try out Ubuntu, I just downloaded Ubuntu 10.0.4 and put it in
a VirtualBox machine.

When one then goes to

        Ubuntu Software Centre

you can search for gnumed. What you can there find, and install, is  0.6.2.1 so
this makes me wonder

1) no matter what there version of OS, it should be possible for the client to
be advised and notified of any existence of newer version within-branch

        for example, 0.6.2 should detect and notify of 0.6.2.1 but not 0.7 and
0.8

but did we establish at some point for this to have been made the "default"
behaviour?

2) can we think of some way to help users who install GNUmed via their own
machine's software centre that they need to change their repo settings before
they would "see" the higher branches? I am only wondering how to work around
that 10.0.4 can only know about the 0.6 branch. Maybe I will see if anything
can be improved in the base information that is shown in the "software centre"

-- Jim