Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free FotoFinder Replacement: MediSnap

From: Jan Kechel
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free FotoFinder Replacement: MediSnap
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:57:14 +0100

Hello karsten,

> we are highly interested in making GNUmed and MediSnap work
> together.
>
> GNUmed already supports the xDT (BDT, GDT) standard for
> exchanging patient demographics. What would be your
> suggestion for a workflow when using both MediSnap and
> GNUmed ?

If you support GDT this should be no problem at all.

Just configure GNUmed to create a GDT file on e.g. hitting a button or
key-combination and executing the medisnap gdt-starter.
MediSnap will show up, create a new patient if it does not already exist
according to the data in the gdt dataset, and show up.

Take / manage fotos and hit 'zurueck zu praxisverwaltung', then MediSnap
will write a GDT response file which contains a description of what
happened that can be integrated as line in the gnumed patient dataset at
the current date (GDT also supports this step). If you configure gnumed
to take action on this line it can even be made to launch the patient if
you hit enter on that line.
Never tried this with gnumed, but with s3 / sysmed this works just fine.

> I would also strongly recommend getting in touch with the
> Debian Med people (particularly Andreas Tille from
> Wernigerode, whom I have CC'ed) in order to work out how to
> get official MediSnap packages into Debian.

Thanks for this!

> Karsten
> (Leipzig)

Jan

- --
publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-10954 sha384 2011-01-20 11:47:54
5FA936645D5DC84E43C19A81D8A6581674360C3B661C2C7C261F8D8813BE9E970CBDE3
3495F65AD5A9739D9B8B553032