Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free FotoFinder Replacement: MediSnap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Free FotoFinder Replacement: MediSnap
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:15:20 +0100

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 02:57:14PM +0100, Jan Kechel wrote:

> > GNUmed already supports the xDT (BDT, GDT) standard for
> > exchanging patient demographics. What would be your
> > suggestion for a workflow when using both MediSnap and
> > GNUmed ?
>
> If you support GDT this should be no problem at all.
>
> Just configure GNUmed to create a GDT file on e.g. hitting a button or
> key-combination and executing the medisnap gdt-starter.
> MediSnap will show up, create a new patient if it does not already exist
> according to the data in the gdt dataset, and show up.
>
> Take / manage fotos and hit 'zurueck zu praxisverwaltung', then MediSnap
> will write a GDT response file which contains a description of what
> happened that can be integrated as line in the gnumed patient dataset at
> the current date (GDT also supports this step). If you configure gnumed
> to take action on this line it can even be made to launch the patient if
> you hit enter on that line.
> Never tried this with gnumed, but with s3 / sysmed this works just fine.

Very good. Should work just fine. Our built-in document
management system also supports a mode "go to external store
of this document" which can be used to link "virtual"
documents which actually live as images in MediSnap.

> > I would also strongly recommend getting in touch with the
> > Debian Med people (particularly Andreas Tille from
> > Wernigerode, whom I have CC'ed) in order to work out how to
> > get official MediSnap packages into Debian.
>
> Thanks for this!

I'm sure Andreas will give as much support as he can from
the Debian point of view (that is, mainly providing the
means for actually uploading packages). He will, however,
need a lot of support such that a package actually gets
created. I have also CC'ed the Debian Med mailing list. You
would want to work on that list in order to produce a
working package ready for inclusion (which Andreas will -
after doing appropriate QA - very likely sponsor for
upload).

By creating a Debian package "market penetration" will be a
lot different than before. It will then also automatically
get into Ubuntu and a lot of other Debian derived
distributions. After which other distributions usually
become interested ;-)