[Gnumed-devel] Re: status update

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: status update
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:28:03 +0100

On Saturday 12 February 2011 13:06:59 you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would request you to have a look at software softamed available from
> www.softamed.com
> it has major limitation as it is not 'network ready" but I have not
> seen such a easier installation/interface. Moreover it also allows
> autocomplete and creating templates for prescription.

Ok. I am looking at softamed now.

One general remark. A user interface is subject to personal taste. Like in a
care you either like the appearance or you don't.

GNUmed is designed in a way that you can develop your very own appearance and
interface and still use GNUmed below that.

So it would be possible for a doctor to contract a professional to develop a
user interface that looks similar to the one from softamed and still use the
GNUmed middle layer and database to ensure data integrity and safety.

Sebastian