Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Image acquisition, storage and reporting plug-in

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Image acquisition, storage and reporting plug-in
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:26:26 +1100

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:06:13 +0530
address@hidden wrote:

> There were certain doubts regarding the need for endoscopic module.
>
> I have included the article from the pubmed.
>
> Moreover, I doubt that any gastroenterology unit exists who do not
> believe in photodocumentation. In our practice, we document all
> endoscopies with photographs. That helps assure patient if it is
> normal, and guides surgeon in better ways than mere description.

After about 5 years on the National Bowel Screening Committees for
Australia I would concur that photographic evidence is part of
colonoscopy best practice.
I'm sure that some still manage without, but any plugin which aims to
be useful for scopes needs image acquisition. A timer for withdrawal
time in colonoscopy would be sensible too.

Liz