Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:59:09 +0100

On Wednesday 09 March 2011 21:54:59 Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 07:40:17PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
> > > This now makes me really wonder - especially when we have
> > > got at least one user using GNUmed without problems under
> > > GNOME on Debian.
> > >
> > > Please provide:
> > >
> > > - an exact description how you reproduce the problem
> > > - what exactly happens when you reproduce it
> > > - a log file with debugging enabling during reproducing the problem
> > > - if possible screenshots of right before it happens and after it
> > > happened
> >
> > I have seen it personally on his Ubuntu installation.
>
> Oh, no problems, I believe you guys that the problem exists.
>
> We just need the above data to stand any chance of
> identifying what the problem is, exactly.
>
> > There is no explanation
> > for it other then a bug in GNOME, GTK or whatever.
>
> Probably.
>
> > I have not seen this bug in my installation of GNUmed under Ubuntu.
> >
> > Since the bug is now happening on his Debian installation as well I
> > wonder if it depends on the locale or timezone of the system in
> > question.
>
> Indeed, that's clever.
>
> > I would advise to grab a vmware image of Ubuntu with US locale. This can
> > be obtained from vmplanet.net
> >
> > It it does not happen in the vmware image it might be problem with the
> > timezone or locale.
> >
> > However it is more a GNOME problem then.
> >
> > @Karsten : If it is not too much hassle it would help if you could write
> > a standalone wxapp holding just the date picker control like it is in
> > GNUmed.
>
> Which one :-)

Open GNUmed, pick 'enter new patient'  from the top menu, have the new person
dialog come up, try to pick a date of birth.

From what I have seen when the drop down list appears to pick a day and month
it will allow to pick a day but when one tries to select a month it will
always return April or March (not sure at the moment) . Furthermore when
trying to select a day it will put a set of digitis into the time of birth
field.

Sebastian