Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:46:20 +0100

> Does it make a difference as to which date is actually
> entered into the DOB control ?

It was reproducable in that it always would select (I believe) April for the
month no matter what one selected.

The day wast changeable I believe. That makes me think it is problem in
converting the selection to a date as in date string or object. No idea why it
defaulted to a specific month.

There are few things that need to be done now before we can proceed.

1.) Try it on another Computer to rule out it is hardware related. Ideally
another Computer with the same distribution etc.

2.) Try it on Windows, does it happen there ?

3.) Try a vmware image of e.g. ubuntu and try to reproduce it there (leave the
defaults like language intact). I have tried Kubuntu 10.10 from vmplanet.net
and it would not produce the error. Since vmware abstracts away the hardware
this is essentially the same as #1

4.) If all fails we could try to whip up a small wxapp which hosts nothing but
the date picker. I guess this a lot of work since it would still need to make
use of gmDateTime and friends to catch the error.

Alternatively we could supply vbanait with a replacement file for the
'entering new patient ' widget which he would inject. This replacement could
log all kinds of things like which month selected, which month returned etc.

Sebastian