Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:58:34 +0100

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:46:20AM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > Does it make a difference as to which date is actually
> > entered into the DOB control ?
>
> It was reproducable in that it always would select (I believe) April for the
> month no matter what one selected.
>
> The day wast changeable I believe. That makes me think it is problem in
> converting the selection to a date as in date string or object. No idea why
> it
> defaulted to a specific month.

In fact, since this happens in the GUI w/o any DB
interaction I don't think the India / Israel issue of
backend time zone plays any role here.

I had the idea that since Israel doesn't exist *that* long
yet there might be an issue of entering a date from before
it was founded. I guess we can factor that out from the
equation, however.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de