Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:58:38 +0100

On Thursday 10 March 2011 13:16:04 you wrote:
> 1.) Try it on another Computer to rule out it is hardware related. Ideally
> another Computer with the same distribution etc.
> I will give it a try

Great. that will help. But since you say dual boot I suspect it is not
neccessarly hardware related. However when it works on the other PC make sure
you get the differences between the two. If it does not work as well then at
least it is reproducable.

> 2.) Try it on Windows, does it happen there ?
>
> > On windows on same computer (dual boot) it does not happen

good to know

> I tried it on twm as well as gnome. At both the places it is there. On
> windows it is not there. This let me think that it is either related
> to linux distribution or gnumed-linux distribution only.

We need to find out if it is a bug in GNUmed or Linux. Most likely in Linux
but maybe GNUmed can work around the problem.

> I am trying to get kde alsoto seeif it is there too!

I do not think KDE will help in any way because the underlying widgets are
always GTK when using GNU/Linux, wxgtk. python-wxgtk that is.

I would like to get the exact version of python, wxpython, wxwidgets, gtk from
you.

Please describe the error again in detail. Are we still talking about the
calendar control ? Are we still talking about the month that cannot be changed
? The month is fixed to what ? Can you pick different days and years ? Which
date (year,month, day) are you trying to set ?

Please try to get a screenshot of the problem. Thanks

Sebastian