Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug -more info

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] dob bug -more info
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:24:52 +0100

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 01:30:01PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> Problem is already know by this bug:
>
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/4743
>
> I have add info on how to reproduce it.Let's see what comes around.

Given that this bug has first been reported about 3 years
ago and in the meantime patches have been provided but
hasn't been closed so far and Debian doesn't seem anywhere
near getting wxgtk2.9 I have a few doubts that any
resolution of this issue at the proper place will be of
timely relevance to GNUmed.

Thus I have started working on removing the use of
wxWidgets' own wx.DatePickerCtrl and moving in GNUmed's own
implementation thereof which suffers no such issues.

I wonder whether snippets of this thread should be
linked/added to a bug report in our bug tracker for
reference.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de