Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed 0.9.rc2

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed 0.9.rc2
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:59:56 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, 20:10:15 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi Karsten,
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:16:17AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > NEW: support dicomscope as DICOM viewer
>
> I just noticed that the med-practice[1] metapackage contains one package
> which provides DICOM viewer functionality: aeskulap.  As somebody who is
> not using this package I wonder, whether this package is somehow
> specific for a medical practice (and if yes, why) or whether this is
> just a historical artifact because it was simply the first in Debian.
> Could you give some kind of usage statistics, what DICOM viewer which is
> packaged for Debian is the most useful in a medical practice?

I a general pracitioner's office the most needed feature is to view images and
cine loops.

Rarely does one ever need 3D reconstruction , surface modeling and what not.

So far most viewers have provided the ability to look at single images.

However today we are looking more and more at studies (set of images). Some of
those studies are cine loops. Few viewers can display loops.

The ones I know of are Ginkgo CADx and Mayam. Having available Ginkgo CADx
would cover most needs for general practioners and cardiologists (the only
ones I can comment on).

Sebastian