Re: [Gnumed-devel] current medication in rc2

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] current medication in rc2
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:41:36 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 24. März 2011, 07:57:24 schrieb address@hidden:
> Hi
>
> There are certain problem I am facing during adding a medication
>
> 1. As the horizontal field length is more, I have to keep scrolling
> everytime to get to left side. Reducing horizontal field length by say 1 cm
> may allow proper accomodation of the interface on laptop screen.

Guess this can be looked into. Can you provide a screenshot ?

> 2. For some reason, whatever I write in substance field disappear. I may
> have to demonstrate this.

you cannot write in the substance field but search in that field.

Type '*' to get a list of available substances

By hitting the medication button you have the option to edit medication
(thereby substances) know to GNUmed. In that weidget you can import drungs
(and thereby substances) from e.g.FreeDiams

> 3. Freediam (? wrongly spelled)

make that FreeDiams

> at present have trade names of two
> countries only.

Actually it should have four

'Drugs database for Canada, for the USA, for France and for South Africa'

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/freediams-data/filelist

indicates all four are installed so please let us know where you do see two
instead of four. Still on Ubuntu ?

> The way out is to have generic name database and allow
> trade name to be manually entered. I am aware that individual substance
> can be entered from the menu.

in the widget where you can enter substances there is 'medication' button.
When you hit this you can either import meds or create a new one. Creating a
new one will let you manually create a drug which can then be used in GNUmed.

> 4. Freediams is not available for ubuntu (?).

It is avaialble but only in Natty.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=freediams

Time permitting I will backport those packages to Maverick once GNUmed 0.9 is
out.

You might succeed in installing the package from Natty.

> 5. In a write document, current encounter, even administrative encounters
> are also printed. Do we really need to print them ?

Please show a screenshot of what you have in mind.

Sebastian