Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap database

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap database
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:09:37 +0100

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 07:56:01PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > Yes, because gtklp uses the same GUI toolkit, namely gtk, which is GNOME.
> >
> > > I think, the gui is optimised for larger display, but fail to accomodate
> > > itself on smaller one.
> >
> > You are right, GNOME fails to adapt itself to smaller screens.

> So what needs to be done to fix this ? Who do we contact ?

Likely the GTK developers. I'm sure first thing they'll tell
us is "you ain't using the GTK API properly" which is likely
true which would hand the problem to the wxGtk people who in
turn might hand it up to the wxPython people who'd be found
on the wxPython list. They'd be asking for a small runnable
sample application which showcases the problem.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de