Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap database

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap database
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:00:52 +0200

Am Sonntag, 27. März 2011, 18:48:32 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 06:37:06PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
> > the wxglade code looks like this;
> >
> > foo
> > bar
> > self.SetSizer(__szr_main)
> > __szr_main.Fit()
> > # end wxGlade
>
> I understand. Editing the wxglade code is out of the
> question because that's fragile (breaks at each run of
> wxglade code generation) and thus requires error prone
> manual maintenance.
>
> > I added SetSizeHints as it will change the widths of the *window*
> > according to the size of the sizer.
>
> Indeed. I just figured this from the documentation.
>
> However, how can this be useful ?  The window (= the edit
> area panel) *already* knows its required minimum size.

It seems that there are different opionion on what size is acatually needed.
So either the min size is calcualted too small or the window draws itself too
small.

It could very well be GNOME theme dependent as it has (IMHO) noting to do with
small screens.

I could try to mimic the Debian GNOME theme and see if that makes a
difference.

Sebastian