Re: [Gnumed-devel] abbr expansion

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] abbr expansion
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:05:34 +1100

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:32:25 +0530
address@hidden wrote:

> we should use triggering mechanism for default abbr expansion. Eg
> an = an
> but
> an! = avascular necrosis
>
> niddm remain niddm
> but niddm! becomes Diabetes mellitus type ii or non-insulin dependent
> diabetes mellitus
>
> vaibhav

I agree with the concept, but this should be individually programmed by
each user.
I use 2 EHRs and minimal expansions as I can type quite reasonably.
The example you gave will cause havoc if you wish to use an '!' at the
end of a word, which is of course the normal grammatical place for the
character.