Re: su -c now fatal on Mac? was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.1 Release

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: su -c now fatal on Mac? was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.1 Release
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 01:55:35 -0700

On 2011-04-07, at 12:21 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> trying to run the updater now fails immediately back to the command prompt.
>> I cannot find a
>>      bootstrap-latest.log
>
> Running "upgrade-db.sh 14 15" will not produce a
> "bootstrap-latest.log" but rather an "update_db-v14_v15.log".

No such file created as part of the current effort. I will send (outside the
list) the log generated from my January 6, 2011 success.

> Do you already *have* a gnumed_v14 which you wish to upgrade ?

yes, I did previously in January run an upgrade without apparent trouble.

>> Suggestions?
>
> Does it show *anything* in the console window ?

only

        MacBook:bootstrap root# sh ./upgrade-db.sh 14 15
        su: illegal option -- c
        usage: su [-] [-flm] [login [args]]
        MacBook:bootstrap root#

> What is the exact shell this is running under ?

        MacBook:bootstrap djb$ bash
        bash-3.2$

> Does that shell support
>
>       set -e
>       set -o pipefail

command line accepts the above without complaint

-- Jim