Re: FreeDiams was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.2 release

From: Eric Maeker
Subject: Re: FreeDiams was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.2 release
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 09:49:08 +0200

2011/4/9 Jim Busser <address@hidden>:
> On 2011-04-08, at 6:37 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am glad to be able to announce the immediate availability
>> of the GNUmed 0.9.2 Maintenance Release.
>>
>> Downloads available from:
>>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.9/
>>       http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/v15/
>

> Preliminary success with GNUmed and FreeDiams on Mac, achieved as follows:
>
> - EnterpriseDb Postgres bootstrapped / updated to database v15 (April 8, 2011)
> - MacPorts python plus packages to support native Mac gnumed reference client
> (no binary, sorry)
> - Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.7, normal user with admin privileges, echo $PATH =
> /opt/subversion/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin
> - GNUmed client 0.9.2 (with database update to v15) running from command line
>        directory
>                foo/gnumed-client.0.9.2/client/
>        configuration file
>                gm-from-vcs.conf
>        configuration file values include
>                [workplace]
>                name = GNUmed Default
>        shell command
>                sh ./gm-from-vcs.sh
>
> and FreeDiams 0.5.4 for Mac
>
> What to do in GNUmed client:
> ======================
>
> menu GNUmed > Preferences > External tools > FreeDiams path
>
>        enter --> /Applications/FreeDiams.app/Contents/MacOs/FreeDiams
>
> make patient Kirk active, go to plugin Medications, click button
> "Interactions", user is prompted to select from 3 options (among which
> FreeDiams is third)
>        select --> FreeDiams
>        --> this will launch FreeDiams
>
> see overlay screen shot
>
> -- Jim

Thanks Jim for this presentation.
May be you can show GNUmed / FreeDiams couple working with a full
FreeDiams prescription (with DDI management):
  - GNUmed select patient
  - GNUmed ask FreeDiams to create a prescription
  - Prescription is written in FreeDiams with DDI engine activated
  - User quit FreeDiams
  - GNUmed retreive prescription in its GUI
  - GNUmed user tries to re-edit this prescription
  - FreeDiams opens with the same prescription and still with DDI management

Thanks
--
Eric Maeker, MD  (FR)
http://www.freemedforms.com/