Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.9.2 EMR Tree view option Detail vs Jo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.9.2 EMR Tree view option Detail vs Journal
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:00:33 +0200

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 05:53:02PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> In the 0.9.2 EMR tree, I like the ability to toggle between *two* options,
> the original, and the new one "Journal"

> - also Health Issue sometimes provides "Noted at age" so can a corresponding
> entry be provided for Episode maybe
>       Created: # of years (if >0), months (if >0), days (if >0) ago

That's not really useful because an episode can be created
anytime later and previous SOAP entries moved into it.

It's more useful to show

Duration: medically_formatted_age (start - end)

- age calculated from first-encounter.started to last_encounter.last_affirmed

or if ongoing

- age calculated from first-encounter.started to <now> if ongoing
- end is "..."

>       … this is simply calculated as the difference from when the episode was
> created

That's not as trivial as it sounds.

- timestamp of first clinical entry in episode ?
- timestamp of encounter during which episode created ?
- timestamp of technical insertion of original (or current ?) row of episode
into database ?
- timestamp of earliest encounter within episode ?

I chose the last option.

>       … IMO helpful to inform the clinician how long the episode has been
> going on

I agree.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de