Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.9.2 Notes plugin "active problems" co

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.9.2 Notes plugin "active problems" column improvements
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:54:47 +0200

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 09:35:33AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> In the shot below, I like the "null" symbol for when no (associated) health
> issue exists.
>
> However, when the problem presently *is* the Health Issue, i am finding the
> left-arrow distracting.

I have discussed this with a long-term user. She did not
find it distracting but had a slightly different
interpretation of the meanings in that list:

- left arrows means: this (on the left) is a health issue
- null symbol means: this is NOT a health issue

This interpretation only worked when there was no problem of
type episode with an associated health issue:

Last            Problem                         Health issue
7/2010          poor control            Diabetes

However, we decided that we *can* make the column headers more concise:

Last            Problem                         In health issue
11/2010         flu                                     0
12/2010         Hypertension            <==
 7/2010         poor control            Diabetes

> Would it be acceptable to replace it with ellipses (…) which to me evokes
> continuation? IOW the Problem *is* the Health Issue?

Ellipsis is used for "something being omitted"
under my language cultural knowledge.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de