Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.9.2 EMR Tree view option Detail vs Jo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.9.2 EMR Tree view option Detail vs Journal
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:32:24 +0200

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 07:10:21AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> One problem – which may not be changeable – is that
> when you click on a left-pane "tree" item, the right-pane
> content auto-scrolls to the bottom.
>
> With Details (being relabelled… Overview? Synopsis?) –

Synopsis

> the highest value is in being positioned at the *top* of
> that content, so you can see "Health Issue" vs "Episode",
> duration etc

Done.

> but auto-scroll to bottom puts it out of view.

> If the behaviour can be set to auto-scroll to top and if
> this causes the Journal to behave in the same way,

You mean the Journal mode view on the right ?  It does, yes.

> could be OK. The result would be that each right-tree of
> clinical entries becomes viewable from the beginning. This
> actually makes sense if your intention is to work through a
> set of entries from the beginning of the issue / episode /
> encounter. If you are reviewing a problem from the point of
> view of making you sure what is going on, that is the way to
> do it…

If you, however, want to have a quick view at what's been
going on "most recently" auto-scroll down would be logical.
IOW, it all depends on the modus operandi of the user.

However, since the journal view is new inside the EMR tree
there's no pre-established auto-scroll behaviour for it just
yet so I'll leave it at also auto-scrolling to the top.
Let's see whether there's any complaints with that.

> … and the user who desires to jump to the last entry entry can always
> - set focus in the right pane and press "end"
> - arrow-down to the (last) entry of interest

Sure, or page-down.

> Is there a method, from the keyboard, to jump focus from the left pane to the
> right pane?

Technically there is (tabbing) but never checked whether it works.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de