Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed problem in Ubuntu 2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed problem in Ubuntu 2
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:01:49 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 03:36:58PM +0200, Tonatiuh de San Juli�n wrote:

> >Please find /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf and change
>
> >#GNUmed Default

> >GNUmed Default.
>
> >Then it will load all the available plugins. We will provide updated config
> >files in the next version.
>
> I find the conf file, but I didn't find:
>
> #GNUmed Default
>
> I found instead this:
>
> #name = GNUmed Default
>
> Do you refer to that?

Yes.

> I have changed to
>
> namo = GNUmed Default

Should be

name (with e, not o) but:

> And then it works, I have all the plugins, see the picture.

If you have all the plugins it worked, yes.

> >> But so far I have no luck installing properly gnumed in Ubuntu 10.10
> >> 32bit in virtualbox.
>
> >Is there any specific reason why you want to install in
> >virtualbox ? I'm asking because GNUmed is available for both
> >Windows and Linux as native packages.
>
> No need for it, but I installed gnumed in all my computers, so to do
> it clean I created a virtual Ubuntu with a clean install. Is there a
> problem with this?

No, that's fine. I just wanted to know.

> >> The result is that I can start the program, I can connect to the
> >> public server as any-doc
>
> >Have you tried connecting to your local server ?
>
> >If so, what happened ?
>
> I did, and it sees it is connecting to the local database, but it is
> the same than online, it's only for test purposes?

Oh, you are right, your local database constains pretty much
the same *test* data (Kirk etc) as the public database.
However, in your *local* database you can enter your own
patients and keep confidential data which would not be the
case with the public database.

Since you said that you have installed GNUmed on several
computers you will want to declare one of them the GNUmed
"database server". Only that computer needs your own GNUmed
database. All the others should connect to that one database
so that you can edit the same patients from all computers.

I'm sure you already knew this but wanted to make sure you
don't go wrong.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de