Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed problem in Ubuntu 2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed problem in Ubuntu 2
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:46:44 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:24:16PM +0200, Tonatiuh de San Juli�n wrote:

> >Since you said that you have installed GNUmed on several
> >computers you will want to declare one of them the GNUmed
> >"database server". Only that computer needs your own GNUmed
> >database. All the others should connect to that one database
> >so that you can edit the same patients from all computers.
>
> >I'm sure you already knew this but wanted to make sure you
> >don't go wrong.
>
> I knew, but I'll try first if I can work with it, and then I'll
> connect from other computer.

That's a very reasonable approach.

> In the computer with the data-base I have to change something, or only
> in the one with the client?

You mean if you want to connect with another computer ?

For that you'll have to change two things:

1) on the database computer

        - allow access from other computers:
                - add a line with "host" instead of "local" as the first token
to pg_hba.conf
        - tell PostgreSQL to listen to other computers
                - edit "listen_address" in postgresql.conf
        -
http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurePostgreSQL#Permitting_access_to_the_databas

2) on the client computer

        - add a backend profile for your database computer
                - http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CustomizingBackendLogin

That should do it.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de