Re: [Gnumed-devel] problem list in SOAP plugin

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] problem list in SOAP plugin
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 00:03:39 -0700

On 2011-04-11, at 6:42 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

Ok I have tried to follow this discussion... but missed something it seems ...
What are the arows and the "?" for ?

R.

We remember that "Health Issue" can be thought of as a "diagnosed problem" except that we also have the special grouping item "Unattributed episodes" to hold all the "problem episodes" whose cause we did not know. Example patient:

Unattributed episodes
back pain
sore throat
abdominal pain
headaches
Diabetes
loss of control <--- suppose 9  months ago
loss of control <--- suppose active
Hypertension
Post-appendix removal

So… when looking in the Notes plugin which has columns which I here --- in this email --- use the " ||" to mean "column separator" we see columns

Last ... || ... Problem ... ||  ... in Health issue

then when we look just at

Problem ... ||  ... in Health issue

back pain ................... ?
sore throat   ............... ?
abdominal pain ........ ?
headaches         ........ ?

the question mark "?" is a reminder

"we do not know the cause (or we did not
yet bother to move it under the likely cause)"

For Health Issues, the  means that the thing that is under the "Problem" column *is* (already) the Health Issue for example

Diabetes  ........
Hypertension  ........
Post-appendix removal ........

and the other things are all episodes names which
- in the EMR tree next *under* their owning Health Issue
- in the Notes view, the Health Issue is named in the right column

loss of control ................... Diabetes

-- Jim