Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed support for coding systems

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed support for coding systems
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:58:09 +0200

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 07:57:27PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> > The hard part will be to support multiple coding systems per se, multiple
> > codes per health issue, multiple versions within a coding system and
> > multiple languages per one coding system.

> DonĀ“t see why this is so ... let every locale download the code it neeeds,

Sure, but that doesn't change the need to support several
coding systems :-)

> My idea would be something like this:
>
> 1) At the end of the current SOAP plugin there would be a separator called
> "Code" (or ICD)

Which part of the encounter would this code apply to ?

- RFE (ICPC-2)
- AOE (ICPC-2, ICD-10)
- Soap (ICPC-2)
- sOap (LOINC, ICPC-2, ICD-10)
- soAp (ICPC-2, ICD-10)
- soaP (OPS, ICPC-2, ICD-10, LOINC, ATC)

> 3) When in the journal ou tree view the ICD would show besides the name of
> the encounter (for those who were authorized to see it)

OK.

> 4) I REALLY think 1-3 codes for an Encounter are more than enough, if not we
> can always open another encounter.

Technically, the difference is between "1" or "any number of codes" :-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de