Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics > Social networkďż˝ not yet implemented?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics > Social network… not yet implemented?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 23:18:49 +0200

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 09:42:43AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > What about Primary doctor?
>
> Just realized there can be two meanings for this…
>
> Primary doctor *within* the praxis group
>
> vs
>
> Primary doctor *overall* when the patient's main doctor is not a member of
> the praxis group.

> So shall we provide for two fields in the Demographic > Social network?

Both have value and when we start supporting organizations
we shall start supporting the second option as well.

> Is the in-praxis doctor of sufficient relevance to
> clinical care that (for example) the staff and the
> clinicians need to see this very quickly?

I suppose it can be of relevance when administrating care
such as scheduling appointments or organizing incoming
(legacy) results.

> I am even
> wondering if this information should be somewhere in the
> main status bar. Maybe the first tag (in the list of tags)
> could be a Cadeuceus and the info put in there? Maybe that
> tag could be hard-coded abd scripted to be created and
> updated when a value for
>
>       in-praxis main clinician
>
> would be elsewhere entered and updated?

This is already possible:

- create tags for each of the in-praxis providers
- modify the hook script to allow for selection of a tag
  when the hook "post_person_creation" is pulled

(or create one tag to mean "primary provider" and have the
hook script ask for the patient specific provider name to be
put into the patient specific tag comment)

(or use the hook "post_patient_activation" to check and add
if missing)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de