Re: [Gnumed-devel] the WHY: Re: clinicians: coding use case survey - ple

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] the WHY: Re: clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 22:57:23 +0200

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 05:34:41PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> > > Is it VERY hard to make dbo choose which system to use?
> >
> > It is much harder than "VERY hard".
>
> Hey !! ... I donĀ“t understand all this nerdiness ... I am a "artist in
> healing" ... so you deal with it ok ?? ;))))))

That's fine with me - and that's why I've been asking this
in terms of user-level scenarios. From the answers I can
deduce which technical model we need. Both models are
technically possible but each can only fulfill a certain set
of user expectations - at the database level.

However, the option you (and Jim) seem to prefer allows the
application to *mimic* properties of the first one in
client-side code - more work for us/me but that's OK,
ultimately :-)

> I had a collegue tell me this when I tried to show him a "Filter" option in
> a Spreadsheet ...

8-)=

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de