Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 23:29:26 +0200

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 05:54:59PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> > - user starts GNUmed
> > - user activates Kirk
> > - user sees episode "Diabetes" with Diabetes ICD code
> > - user goes "WTF ?!? This episode is about hypertension !"
> > - user edits episode name to "Hypertension"
> >
> > At this time do you want to end up with the now-Hypertension
> > episode still having the Diabetes ICD code ?
> >

> BIG YES ... although this is a good example
> - how about the user that goes to Kirk and says ... WTF I left that episode
> as DM because I was suspecting it at the time ... renames it again and we
> lose Hypertension.

OK. I understand. Likely, this behaviour is prone to debate
so it'll best be configurable.

> I preffer to make a coment on the EMR than to miss a diagnosis.

I am not sure I fully understand this statement, contextually.

> Could we
> (and this maybe a HUGE request) put a signal beside the code that it has
> been changed?

Hm, you want this to happen ?

- user enters "diabetes" episode without codes
- user edits "diabetes" episode adding a code
- user edits "diabetes" episode again adding a *second* code

        -> do you want to see a signal ?
        -> if so - what should it stand for ?

- user edits "diabetes" episode yet again, removing the first code

        -> do you want to see a signal ?
        -> if so - what should it stand for ?

- user removes all remaining codes from "diabetes" episode

        -> signal or not ?

I probably did not quite understand what you mean.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de