Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 14:50:42 -0700

On 2011-05-04, at 2:25 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> I would suggest that where the description had been
>> previously created and is non-null / non-empty, the widget
>> should be programmed to NOT overwrite the existing text
>> however if the user knows they want to attach 3 codes, the
>> user can choose to empty (select/delete or backspace over)
>> text in the description field, and when in this "state" the
>> widget could know that when the next code is selected the
>> code's associated official reference term is to overwrite
>> (populate) the description which the user had decided to
>> "blank out"
>
> All this I agree with.
>
> But am I missing the tail of the mail ?

I understand why the question, because

1) I said I would review method 1 vs 2, but I intended that to be in a followup
email, which I did not yet do. Maybe I will not bother, if the question is
already fully enough answered by the practical requirements, of which I just
posted an example thereof (diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, hypertension)

2) I said "However on this question… there are two main individual-patient
scenarios, and the resulting across-patients-cascade scenario if it is to be
implemented at all." but I did not answer it in any missing tail. Is this
question even still needing an answer, whether to "cascade" anything across
patients? I am assuming that changing anything in one patient will not change
it in any other patient. THIS IS IMPORTANT -- PLEASE CONFIRM.

3) there was no signature block "-- Jim", which I had accidentally only "lost"
because it seems the people that I deal with "locally" cannot cope with quoted
text at the top of the email and reading down to my reply. They demand my
replies to be always at the top of the email, and they do not like selective
quoting, they always want the entirety of the thread preserved, in every reply.
Therefore, when I reply to the GNUmed list, I must manually cut my signature
from the top of my reply, and stick in on the bottom (unless I forget).

< eye roll>
-- Jim