Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu 11.04

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu 11.04
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 15:39:01 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011, 14:04:00 schrieben Sie:

moving this to the mailingl list.

> I've done it!!!

> https://launchpad.net/~huitanot/+archive/gnumed

Congratulations.

> Now I have to know:

> 1. How I do that but for all the supported versions of Ubuntu?

There are maybe more then one way but here is how I do it.

I start with the lowest version. For GNUmed this is lucid.

So I do all the changes you have done but call that version

gnumed-client-0.9.x-1lucid1

then I do the debuild and dput magic.

For this you need to have a look at the versions of the packages named in the dependency.

See for example lucid and maverick have different versions of debhelper.

So you need to go into the file 'control' and check that all the versions (you can set the version for lucid there and it will work on higher versions as well

Then you need to have a look at the standards file. It will tell you that it is version 8 but lucid only support 7. so change 8 to 7.

another one is the version of quilt.

So I recommend you rename to 1lucid1

and upload. Launchpad will tell you when there is an error. That way you can fix it one by one until it works.

With every upload you need to increase the version of the packages

e.g. 1lucid2

1lucid3

or launchpad will reject it.

when the lucid version works

you rename to 1maverick1 and do debuild -S dput and so on

remember when using dput you need to tell dput which Ubuntu you target

e.g.

dput GNUmed-Lucid gnumed-client_0.4.6-1lucid1_source.changes

dput GNUmed-Maverick gnumed-client_0.4.6-1maverick1_source.changes

dput GNUmed-Natty gnumed-client_0.4.6-1natty1_source.changes

That is it.

when you have a working dput.cf file then dput knows where to send the upload and launchpad will put it in the correct Ubuntu.

for natty you need to add some lines to dput .cf

[GNUmed-Natty]

fqdn = ppa.launchpad.net
method = ftp
incoming = ~gnumed/ubuntu/natty
login anonymous
allow_unsigned_uploads = 0

> 2. Which packages I need to do to have a complete working GNUmed?

gnumed-client and gnumed-server

look in the control file which packages GNUmed depends on.

> 3. Do you want me to help with the official gnumed ppa, and if yes how.

Buidl the packages. Show that you can do it and then become a member of the launchpad gnumed team.

Then we will try to figure out how you can upload to the gnumed PPA with your key.

> 4. WIKI: I will send you here all the process so you see if it is

> everything all right, and then I'll put it in the wiki, and in a blog

> post in Spanish.

Sure

Sebastian