Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: Se puede usar en Guatemala?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] [Gnumed-bugs] <bug>: Se puede usar en Guatemala?
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 13:59:41 +0200

Hello Danilo,

>     Gracias por la orientación, quisiera saber como
> puedo hacer para dejar el programa exclusivamente en el
> disco duro y no tener que utilizar el servidor de Ubuntu. El
> programa me gusta mucho y se adapta a las necesidades que
> tengo en mi consultorio, me está haciendo difícil
> manejarlo por lo lento al conectarse al servidor.
>
> DR. Danilo Hernández G.

This googlates to:

> Thank you for your guidance, I wonder how I can do to stop
> the program only on the hard drive and not have to use the
> Ubuntu server. I love the program and adapted to the needs I
> have in my office is making me hard to handle at slow to
> connect to server.

Since you are using Ubuntu you will need to install the
gnumed-server package and then run (as root or with sudo)
the command

        gm-bootstrap_server

Here is more explanation:

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/UbuntuGuideShort

Then you will have to use the backend profile "... on this
machine" to connect to your new, own, local database.

Does that help ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de