Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications, and Adding substance intake - dialog

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications, and Adding substance intake - dialog
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 21:40:33 +0200

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 04:12:54PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> 2. Can we improve the Adding substance intake dialog
>
> 2.1 Amend the screen title to
>
>       "Adding medication and non-medication substances"

That would (technically) not be quite correct. This dialog
is about substance *intake*, not *substances*. Their may
exist a medical term in English which means "intake of a
substance" but I am not aware of that.

I agree we can benefit from an improved name.

> 2.2. Steal vertical space from below the allergy status

>       (or vertically reduce the "active ingredients" display area)

        (That's a one-liner in the next GNUmed.)

> to be able to insert the text:
>
>       Lookup by
>
>       brand component
>
>       … or …
>
>       component
>
> otherwise the user is confused to think the above are
> direct data entry fields when they are instead "lookup"
> fields which can result in more substances being added than
> are selected.

That applies only to the upper field (the lower one is
"substance" but that's what you likely meant).

How about labelling the upper one

        Brand by component
        Brand via component

Also, even the above *is* direct data entry because -
regardless of the fact that the database will link all
components or none - the lower fields partially apply to the
one component only.

> 2.3 Suggest the Tooltips be improved from:
>
> -     A component of a drug brand the patient is taking.
> +     Lookup, and select, a single (or multi) component drug brand, by active
> ingredient name. All components will be displayed and added to the patient's
> list.

Done.

> -     The substance with optional strength
> +     The non-branded medication (or non-medication substance) component,
> with optional strength

Done.

> -     The preparation the substance comes in.
> +     The preparation or form of the substance.

Done.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de