Re: [Gnumed-devel] write document failure on windows

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] write document failure on windows
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:05:26 +0200

> > pycommon.gmshellapi::detect_external_binary() #30): [which
> > gm-print_doc.bat] failed, exit code: 1
>
> which command is of no use here

> > pycommon.gmshellapi::run_command_in_shell() #99): shell command
> >
> c:\docume~1\newuse~1\locals~1\temp\gnumed\gm-r8tppv\gm-L-Template-fksvt1-in
> > stance.pdf<<<
>
> Guess this is os level shot in the dark ?

Sort of. The internal logic is:

- try a few detection methods, including "which-type" logic
   (which have been greatly improved in GNUmed-next)
- try calling the last method anyway, regardless of detection
   (which happens to be gm-print_doc.bat)

> > pycommon.gmprinting::print_file_by_shellscript() #51): print command
> failed
>
> no kidding.

Since - as you said - you don't ship any that's no wonder, is it ?

> Ok. All I see here is GNUmed trying to run the (non existant)
> gm-print_doc.bat
>
> I thought there would be other means like Adobe reader and friends ? Did I
> overlook this ?

You overlooked that the improved methods apply to GNUmed-next only.

People on 0.9 will need a gm-print_doc.bat in the PATH, or else.