Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:06:50 +0200

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 01:38:52PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> We are talking here tow sets of "things", both needed:
>
> 1. a reference / lookup list of the kinds and range of things that are
> billable

BUT, this list could be read-only from the GNUmed EMR GUI
side of things. At most, the initial iteration would comfort
users with a button

        [Re-Sync]

tooltipping "Pull in (resync) list of billable from billing
solution" (LSMB, in our case).

Such resyncing would otherwise happen scripted, periodically.

> 2. a table of actual things that are to be billed-for, per-patient

Yes, "billed" items vs. "billable" items.

A billable item would be a template of sorts for a billed
item.

In ERP speak: product/service offered vs. product
sold/service rendered.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de